HEALTHCARE PROTOCOL – MIMOZA ROOMS
During this difficult time for us all, your health and safety is of utmost priority for us here in Mimoza Rooms. Given the circumstances, we have established and will apply a strict healthcare regulation, according to which we will begin operations on June 21, 2020. By implementing this regulation, we aim for you to enjoy your holiday on our island, with safety guaranteed for everyone.
- General rules for guests and staff
Appointment of a health care coordinator for the property and emergency physician.
Mimoza Rooms, in cooperation with a local health center, appoints as health care coordinator Dimitris Mallis, the owner of Mimoza Rooms. Together, they created the following health care protocol.
Every member of the staff must strictly adhere to the basic protective measures against COVID-19, that are recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Greece’s public health organization – EODY. Abiding with health sanitation, physical distancing by guests and staff as well, avoiding touching faces and in general personal and respiratory hygiene is required by all.
Our staff will abide by the required measures of personal hygiene, like protective gloves and mask, during their presence in shared spaces and rooms. It is recommended to the staff to remain at home and require medical assistance should they present any symptoms that are related to COVID-19, while at the same time alerting the property’s health care coordinator.
The guest must follow and respect the property’s health care policy, follow all personal protection measures while being in shared spaces of the hotel but also while not being on the grounds of Mimoza Rooms. The property maintains every right to cease any guests’ stay, should it be discovered that the guest does not abide by the following rules.
- Hotel Logbook
For public health protection actions, Mimoza Rooms will keep an updated log of all staff members and all guests that have stayed in the hotel – name, nationality, arrival and departure dates, contact information (address, phone number, e-mail) – in order to reach out to close contacts of any COVID-19 case, that might be later discovered.
Attention will be given to the General Data Protection Regulation and that all guests will be informed about the hotel log book for public health protection purposes.
- Reception / Lobby Area
Check-in will take place directly in the room or the open area outside the room, for the purpose of protecting our staff’s and our guests’ health. At Mimoza Rooms, it is architecturally possible to check in any room, without being crowded while maintaining the necessary distances of at least 2m
Check-out will also take place in the open area outside the room using POS devices or internet banking services. The final bill and receipts will be emailed to the guests’ email address directly during payout.
Reception will remain closed during the season of 2020. The guests will be contacting the reception via phone, SMS, electronic messages, email, Whatsapp, Viber or Messenger.
Check in / out times change
Check out 11:00
Check in 15:00
Necessary time required to disinfect rooms
When requested, staff should be able to:
a) inform guests on the hotel’s rules and the new measures taken to address incidents
b) provide useful information to health care providers regarding the locations of public and private hospitals, Covid-19 reference hospitals and pharmacies in the area
c) provide personal protective equipment (masks, gloves)
- Cleaning, disinfection, housekeeping
Sanitation services after the checkout of the guests
- Fabric surfaces (bed, curtains, pillows) will be cleaned with a steam appliance.
- Usage of disinfectant for the cleaning of the WC, shower, and kitchen.
- Total disinfection of the room with odorless disinfectant sprayer in all the surfaces of the room.
- Floor Disinfection with chlorine inside and outside of the room.
- All exterior seats and tables will be disinfected after a guest leaves and before used by another guest.
- Disinfection of the air condition filters
- Meticulous cleaning and very good room ventilation will take place between stays of guests.
Sanitation services during the stay of the guests
The daily cleaning of rooms during the stay of guests will be avoided (this is for housekeeping staff to avoid coming in contact with possible cases and to prevent further transmission), but the change of sheets, pillowcases will be carried out every two nights only upon the request of guests and during times when they are not inside. More specifically:
- Change of sheets and pillowcases
- Disinfection of the WC and the floor
- ATTENTION – NON HOTEL GUESTS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED FROM ENTERING THE HOTEL
Other Restrictions inside the room
- Removal of the immaterial objects (pillows, bedding) from all rooms
- Removal of the shared multi-purpose items such as menus, magazines, etc
- Removal of coffee machines, boilers and all the products of the mini bar
- TV and air conditioner controls will have disposable covers
- The doors and windows of all rooms will be opened daily for natural ventilation
- Placement of individual antiseptic gels in each room
- Laundry Services
- All the laundering is being done by the property and our staff or outsourced to professional laundromat.
- The beddings are washed at 90 C with usage of Chlorine, detergent, and fabric softener.
- Clothes dryer and ironing.
- In line with our health and safety protocols, the washing machines will not be available for public usage during season 2020.
- THE ENTRANCE AND STAY OF NON HOTEL GUESTS TO THE LAUNDRY AREA IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED
- Transfer Service
- Mandatory use of a non-surgical masks by passengers and drivers
- Drivers must avoid handshakes and ensure that the vehicle is naturally ventilated.
- Seating only on the back rows of the Minivan.
- It is recommended for drivers to provide antiseptic.
Owner of Mimoza Rooms